Monday, March 2, 2015

My New Baby


Those of you who know me well, know that I love my coffee...black in the AM, skinny vanilla latte in the PM.  My late afternoon "indulgence" is sometimes the only thing that's satisfied me during these past months of dieting.  (Yes Mom, that "7 pump sugar free vanilla soy latte, extra hot" jargon that amazed you in the Starbucks drive-through window that afternoon.  LOL!)

I'd requested a new espresso maker (mine died after about 6 years of hard use) for Christmas but it wasn't the sort of thing that Randy could pick out for me. After realizing that my $5.35 a day habit was quickly adding up (even more if Meg is there asking for caramel fraps and cake pops) I decided it was time to invest in my own machine again.  When Valentine's Day came around I asked if I could purchase my own gift and like any intelligent husband, Randy was totally agreeable.  (He purchased his own gift too...a new XBox to replace his dead PS3.  Yeah, we're sentimental that way.)

After lots of research and price comparisons, here's what I chose....








Isn't she purdy?

As far as espresso makers go, it's definitely a budget model however "budget" is subjective.  I figure that even with adding in the cost of the syrup and ground espresso, it will pay for itself in two months.  (Even less time if you count the added cost of my daughter's habits.)

I haven't yet perfected my optimal latte formulation but I get closer with every attempt.  Suffice it to say that I am one highly caffeinated and extremely happy individual right now.




1 comment:

Catherine said...

It looks......complicated, and just a little scary, lol! Do you make sure it doesn't walk around at nights casing your house??? ;)