Friday, March 20, 2015

Latest Food Fav


Meg is and always has been a very picky eater.  The list of things that she will consume is quite short but she has been much, much better about trying new things lately. One of those new foods is shrimp, sauteed in garlic butter with a little bit of salt.  She loves it so much that I've been keeping a bag of frozen shrimp on hand at all times.  In fact, she came home from school last Tuesday ravenous, begging for garlic shrimp at 4:30 in the afternoon.  My mother thought I was crazy for fixing it for her but hey, I'd rather she ate those than cookies or Cheetos, kwim?  Later when the rest of sat down for dinner (salmon cakes and butternut squash) she joined us in eating the broccoli so I call it "all good."

We usually go out to eat one night a week and lately her immediate request (in the form of begging and pleading) is for Olive Garden.  I love Olive Garden as much as the next guy but it's not easy finding things to eat there when you're dieting.  *sigh*  This past outing she won and got all of her favorites....strawberry smoothie, breadsticks, fried calamari (I know, go figure!) and of course, fettuccini alfredo with garlic sauteed shrimp.




  

*Drool*

Of course there's no way she can eat it all.  Thankfully it is the one (and only) leftover that she looks forward to the next evening which means two nights off for me.  Definitely a Win/Win!






1 comment:

Catherine said...

I am stunned that her list includes calamari! Really....stunned!