Thursday, March 12, 2015

66 Bottles of Beer on the Wall....


My aunt and uncle, along with two other couples, arrived last weekend from cold, snowy, miserable (need I go on?) Illinois.  This makes the third year that they've made the trip down for Cardinal's Spring Training and the weather so far has been cooperating beautifully.  Since this is my father's brother, both he and my mother always make it a point to visit while they're here.

Randy and I are always in search of someplace new and different to take friends/family/visitors and as luck would have it, we recently came across a new place in town.  It's touted as a "gastro pub" but they totally had me at sixty-six craft beers on tap.  :-)  Beer aside, the menu and food did not disappoint.  It definitely qualified as "company-worthy" so we all met for dinner there on Monday evening.







Everyone seemed to have a great meal but for my dad and I, it was all about the beer.  :-)

They have what they call a Flight of Beers.  You choose any four beers from their extensive draft menu by writing in the number (1-66) onto their menu slip. What you receive in return are four 4 oz glasses of beer served in a wooden board shaped like the state of Florida.  (Hello!  I also love a good gimmick.) We were totally in.

These were my choices.  As you can see, I prefer lighter beers.








My father on the other hand, prefers the darker variety.




After sampling our beer, we each had one that we didn't care for.  Easy enough. Trade!  LOL!


Great company, great food and great beer made for a very enjoyable evening. My new mission? Sample all sixty-six draft beers on their menu.  Between my first and second visits that only leaves sixty to go.  :-)  Any takers?

No comments: