Thursday, May 14, 2015

Practice and Preparations


Meg's big 8th grade dance is this Saturday.  Her dress was altered to perfection and now she's trying to decide just how to wear her hair.  Her first choice was a loose, sideswept French braid with curls but unfortunately her mama never mastered the art of French braiding.  So that leaves either 1) flat ironed or 2) soft curls.  We've never had much luck with electric rollers but I did find a long forgotten set of 20+ year old steam rollers in my closet.  We soon discovered that while the curl was far superior, the foam rollers were disintegrating in my hands.  As luck would have it the exact same brand is still in existance and through the magic of Amazon we had a new set in under 48 hours.






These things work AWESOME!








She's still deciding on which route to go but doesn't this look fabulous?



Next up were her nails.  She decided on a French manicure lined in silver.  Very pretty.





So that just leaves her face.  Apparently her friends are all after her to wear makeup this weekend. which could be a stretch for my ala naturale girl.  But I did buy some eyeshadow and brownish-black mascara this morning so I imagine we'll be doing a bit more practicing before Saturday night.

Switching topics....my brother is only an occasional reader here but I wanted to wish him a very happy 50th birthday.  (That's so hard for me to fathom.)  Love you bro!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I might have to get those rollers to try on Natalie. Meg is quite a beautiful young lady. Good luck to you with the dance.