Tuesday, May 12, 2015

JulieWorld Math Lesson #2



You may remember this post where I talked about the incredible amount of miles I've put on my new SUV.  To date my odometer has recorded 10,400 miles with two weeks to go before it's one year anniversary.

When searching for my SUV last May I ultimately decided on a "new" Volvo XC90.  I use "new" in quotations because while it only had 75 miles on it, being the last 2013 on the lot long after the 2014s had rolled out, it was already a model year behind.  At the time I was told by the saleman that Volvo had decided to skip the 2015 model year in order to make some major technology updates. Well, the 2016 model is rolling out tonight.  (I know this because I have received two emails, a snailmail postcard and a personal phone invitation for the unveiling party at the dealership this evening. LOL!)  I can't attend because I will want it *wink* but it got my JulieWorld brain ticking.  (Can you guess where I'm going with this?)

Read this carefully....

Now that the 2016s are out that makes my eleven and a half month old 2013 technically three years old.  So doing a quick bit of JulieWorld math....10,400/3 means that, for resale purposes, the actual annual mileage on my SUV is only 3,467 miles, not 10,400.  :-)

It's a gift people.  A gift.




1 comment:

Catherine said...

I'm totally amazed!