Friday, May 1, 2015

I'll Admit It....I'm a Geek


Humor me in my moment of geeky happiness.  I'm a labeler.  I've been a labeler for as long as I can remember.  If there's a gene for labeling, I have it.

To illustrate my point, here's a photo of a couple of books from my childhood Nancy Drew collection.  I received these books, and my first totally awesome label maker, for Christmas one year.



In case you're wondering, yes I still own these (photo hot off the presses) and yes, the Dymo labels are still adhered forty years later.  (I photoshopped out my maiden name for privacy sake.)

I was also big into labeling my records.  My spare bedroom closet houses all of my 45s from the 1970s.  They are all labeled in Sharpie with the month and year I purchased them.  If they weren't so buried I'd share a photograph, but I do have some 33 1/3 LPs on display in my scraproom that will illustrate my point.

This was an Easter gift from my parents.  I remember picking it out at Tempo (an old school Kmart-y type store) and because I was wise beyond my years *wink* I know that I was 12 years old at the time.

 



As an aside, we went to Chili's last night for dinner where we always play the electronic table top trivia game.  One of the questions in the "Old School" catagory was "What group sang "I Woke Up in Love This Morning"?  Duh...... Meg was a bit mortified when I decided to "sing" the lyrics but whatever.  LOL!!!


Another album on my wall is this one by Mac Davis.  I absolutely LOVED him too.




And yet another digression ....  I loved him so much that my parents took us to the Heart of Illinois fair to see him one hot summer afternoon.  We got there really early to get a good seat.  A family sat down near us and boy did they ever yak, yak, yak.  I don't remember how many of them there were but I do remember that their poor kid Larry could not get a word in edgewise. Everytime he tried to chime in to the conversation one of the other family members would say "Who cares Lar?" (Pronounced Lair)  I wish I had a dollar for every time we heard someone put that kid down that afternoon.  It soon became a favorite phrase in our household and still is to this day.  LOL!!!  ( I often wonder what became of "Who Cares Lair?")

Whew....all that to share with you my excitement over buying a new label maker.  ROFL!!!  I've had this one for several years and love it but it's very limiting in it's features.  (Only one font and font size, single line, etc, etc)






I just bought this one off of Amazon for $20.  It has features galore and in the words of Jay, "I'm Super Stoked!!!"




Naturally the first thing a labeler does when receiving a new label maker is to label it.  Duh.







1 comment:

Catherine said...

I'm so impressed....on ALL levels! I still have my vinyl albums from the 70's, but I didn't label them.