Monday, April 30, 2012

Weekend Highlights

Randy had a conference in Ponte Vedra Beach last weekend so we packed our bags and headed a bit north.  Meg's BFF joined us which always makes thing more fun for a "only child."


The girls hit the pool first thing Friday morning which we followed with a bit of exploring and lunch.  We met up with Randy in the early afternoon and the four of us headed down to St. Augustine.  We've been there several times but it was BFFs first visit. We went to the jail and the old General Store, using the train to get around the historic district.  After dinner we wandered the shopping district, ducking in several unique stores.  We all agreed that it was a wonderful day.









Did you know that these are two glasses in one?  As posed, it's a mustache but if you put them on top of your head, it's a unibrow.  Who knew?  *wink*  These two were SO funny.  They strutted around the shopping area like they owned the place and got so many cute comments from passersby.





While poor Randy sat in conferences all day on Saturday, the girls and I headed to the the Jacksonville Zoo.  We all took TONS of photos.  I even took photos of them taking photos...




This one totally cracks me up....




It was another wonderful day.  I have LOADS more photos to share but right now I'm trying to get ready for another trip, this time out west.  More on in a day or two.


Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

That last one is totally something my boys would do, lol!

Helmka Family said...

Fun photos!
TFS!
Karen

Melanie said...

OMG, they just cracked me up! I told my kids about the unibrow glasses and they cracked up too!