Thursday, April 26, 2012

Dead Halt

Well forget about being a true paying client at Boot Camp.  I got the nix on that...and running...and even "pleasure" walking from my chiropractor.  (Not that limping 5 miles is pleasurable, but I'm stubborn that way.)  I've got loads of spine, pelvic and femur issues and she can't get over my high pain tolerance.  Not the first time I've heard that.  Stubborn, remember?

According to her, my femur head is jammed into my pelvic joint (paraphrasing here) and that's what's causing me so much pain in my groin/leg.  All of these years of running through the pain has taken a toll on the rest of my body by radiating to my lower back and spine.    I've had some initial treatments and am currently wearing an elastic lower back brace.  Life just gets more and more fun.

I refuse to have any kind of surgery and don't want pain killers so her holistic approach is my first choice.  I'll give her plenty of opportunity to "fix" me but do intend to have my pelvic region x-rayed and examined by my orthopedist.  This has been 20 years in the making so a few more weeks won't hurt.  (Well, it actually does hurt otherwise I'd be out there going...and going....and going....like I have for the past 40 years.  Hurts like a ^%*&*&^*&^*!!!!)

Soooo...that's my story right now.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

I hope you get some relief from her treatments!

Helmka Family said...

Ahhhh...hope you feel better! I am sure in a few years I will be in the same boat...been running since junior high track...sigh.
Looking forward to May 4th!
Karen