Monday, April 9, 2012

Monday, Monday

As expected, last week was very busy and quite hectic with lots of parties, traveling and Easter preparations.  Today I'm totally playing catch-up.

Last week Meg and I joined my sister and niece for the taping of America's Got Talent in St. Petersburg.  While the talent was disappointing, the experience as a whole was worth the quick trip across state.  The show had a minimum age of 14 for audience members which meant I had to doll Meg up a bit for admittance. She wasn't too happy about the whole makeup thing but she wanted to go so badly that she suffered through it.  


If this is a sign of things to come, her daddy and I are very scared.  Isn't she beautiful?

Later in the week one of Meg's BFFs had a murder mystery birthday party.  The theme centered around beauty pageant contestants so poor Meg was subjected to the "grueling" makeup thing all over again.   She was adamant about only a bare minimum of makeup so all I managed to get on her was mascara (upper lids only) and some lipstick.  The dress is one given to her by one of my BFFs.  I had to pin it in the back but it was totally invisible to the eye.  The shoes are mine and fit her perfectly.  Again, her daddy and I are very, very scared.   


All of the girls looked as pretty as Meg does here and the party was a huge hit. I mean seriously...10-13 year old girls playing the part of pageant contestants with all of the drama that goes along with it?  :)  What's not to love?

Fortunately for Meg, this week is back to reality.  She was happily back at school this morning dressed in her sweat shorts, cute t-shirt, ponytail, sans makeup....the look that is totally her.

Other stuff....

Bootcamp.  Hurts.  Alot.    That pretty much sums it up.  But I'm happy to report that today starts Week 4 and I've dropped exactly 5 pounds.  Trust me, I earned every one.

Menu - I'm still working on this week's menu.  Tonight's dinner will be garden salads with mesquite chicken.  We eat this at least once a week with whatever veggies/fixin's I have on hand and both love it.   I'll post the rest of the week once I've had a chance to figure it out.  

Thanks for stopping by!



3 comments:

Catherine said...

Wow...yes, I'd be scared with those shades of things to come!

Laura said...

Wow Julie, I'd be scared too! She is beautiful. I'm surprised she doesn't want the makeup, usually at that age they can't wait to wear it. Good for her for not rushing childhood!

Melanie said...

I need to send you a baseball bat to keep all of those boys away. Meg is gorgeous!