Monday, April 2, 2012

Monday, But No Menu

This week is going to be quite hectic with lots of comings and goings by all three of us.  We have gymnastics, play practices (Meg's a stage hand), an evening PTA meeting, a quick turnaround trip to Tampa and back, birthday parties and of course, Bootcamp.  Rather than spend a lot of time creating a menu that I knew would crumble by Day 2, I'm going to just wing it.  Tonight was green salad with lots of veggies and sauteed shrimp.  I'll figure out tomorrow, tomorrow.

On a fun note...I was recently introduced to a friend of a friend whose family has just returned to our area to live after several years in Texas.  As it turns out she's a photographer.  Well, hey now..photography and scrapbooking go hand in hand.  :-) We hit it right off.

Two weeks ago she graciously spent three hours with me teaching me how to use my new DSLR.  We had some kitchen table instructional time followed by a walking tour of the downtown riverfront.  I learned more from her in those three hours than I ever have with all of the manuals I've read, the online tutorials I've tried to follow and the local class I (physically) attended last spring.  I'd like to share some of the photos I've shot recently....all in totally manual mode.  





and finally....







I have so much more to learn but am absolutely thrilled to finally be on my way out of automatic mode!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Those photos are awesome, Julie! I felt so good the first time I was able to take photos in a non-auto mode. I still have a lot to learn. How wonderful that you also found a new friend.

Helmka Family said...

Fabulous photos, Julie!!!
TFS!
Karen

Laura said...

That's awesome Julie, and the photos are great!!!