Friday, May 11, 2012

Yeah, I'm Still Here

I've been totally MIA but I assure you, I had the BEST time in my blogging absence.

Last week I flew out to Colorado to meet up with two Playground of Memories friends, Lynne (from CO) and Catherine (from ID.)  The following day the three of us drove to New Mexico to meet up with Karen, another POM friend.  We did some fabulous sightseeing, eating, shopping and of course, scrapbooking at a mountain retreat.  It was nothing short of fabulous.

(from left to right...Karen, Lynne, me and Catherine) 

Here we are on the top of Sandia Mountain in Albuquerque.  You obviously can't tell from the photo but we are 10,000+ feet above sea level which is 10,000+ feet higher than this FL girl is used to.  :)

Our story ---
We all met on ScrapAddict.com over 8 years ago.  When that website dissolved Lynne, Catherine and I started PlaygroundofMemories.com so that we wouldn't lose touch with the friends we'd made over the years.  In that time I've had the opportunity to meet both Lynne and Catherine (as well as many other wonderful ladies) but this was my first visit with Karen, who is just as fabulous in person as she in online.  She is also an AWESOME tour guide of the Albuquerque/Santa Fe area.  It's beautiful country and I hope to go back one day.

I'm still wading through dozens and dozens of photos but promise to post more of our daily adventures and scrapbooking over the next several days.

Thanks for the wonderful time, ladies!!!!!  Miss you all already.

2 comments:

Helmka Family said...

I miss all of you too!!!
We had such a wonderful time!
I look forward to seeing your photos, Julie.
TFS!
Karen

Melanie said...

Now I'm jealous. :) What a fun time! I hope to see you and Lynne again one day, and to meet Catherine and maybe also Karen.