Monday, May 14, 2012

Vacation Photo Week

I'm going to spend the week bombarding my blog with photos from my recent girls weekend.  Consider yourself warned. *wink*
    
On the first full day of our getaway, we traveled to the top of Sandia Peak in Albuquerque, NM.  Keeping in mind that I live at sea level this was our starting elevation...
  
   
And this was our final elevation...
  
    
  So how might we have accomplished this, you ask?  By way of this....
  
  
I am not the best with heights but when enclosed, I do okay.  (It's the whole fear of falling over the edge thing.) I snapped this photo of another tram running while we were at the top of the mountain, safely away from any cliff edge.   
    
The temperatures were cool, the winds were vicious but the scenery was spectacular.  I took these photos from the tram on the way up.
  


  
The view of Albuquerque was really cool too.  The city itself is very widespread.
   
  
We had lunch at a mountaintop restaurant that also provided wonderful views. And while I really wanted to try one of their Top of the Mountain Margaritas, that whole fear of falling off the cliff edge was enough to get me to order a plain iced tea.  I was very thankful however that I didn't encounter any of these while there....
  

3 comments:

Catherine said...

That was one high place!

Melanie said...

Beautiful place! I know exactly what you mean about that falling off the edge feeling.

Helmka Family said...

Beautiful photos, Julie!
TFS!
Karen