Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patty's Day!

St. Patrick's Day is one of my daughter's favorite days of the year.  She is very proud of her Irish heritage and her name...Meghan Claire.  I started a tradition about five years ago by presenting her with a Bucket O' Green, something similar to an Easter basket but filled with green goodies.  This year she asked if I would make a treasure hunt leading her to her bucket.  With a little help from the internet I was able to grant her wish JulieWorld style.

She woke up to a note from the leprechaun which started her out on the hunt.



The first clue led her to her shoes...


Inside the shoe she found this....


I found the downloadable PDF at gluestickandtape.com.  I added the Clue# to the front and a rhyme on the back.  She found a little baggie of mint M&Ms hidden for each of the clues.  This clue read...

"Ah, missy. . . you found this with ease.  Me next one is hidden where you go after a sneeze."
   
That clue lead to her a box of Kleenex's in the kitchen where she found another baggie and clue.  The hiding spots included the silverware drawer, under her pillow, a dining room chair, in the garage freezer, her sock drawer, my Margarita machine *wink*, the dryer and last but not least....her Bucket O' Green stashed in my shower.




Inside her bucket was an owl tote, this shirt from Justice that she'd been eyeing, several St. Patty's Day items and some candy.  She seemed to really enjoy the hunt and definitely loves her goodies.  She immediately changed into her shirt and took her new tote to the Farmer's Market with us.  :-)

So be it leprechauns, green pancakes or green beer, I hope everyone gets out and enjoys this beautiful St. Patrick's Day.  


3 comments:

Catherine said...

Fun, fun stuff!!!

Helmka Family said...

You are such a fun Mom! What a great idea...love the photos too. She is so beautiful, Julie.
TFS!
Karen

Laura said...

What a fun time for her! I'm sure you had fun making it all up too!