Thursday, March 22, 2012

Catching Up

My friends and I got in on an awesome local Groupon deal a couple of weeks ago.  We each purchased a 5 week membership to boot camp for $29.  It's a $199 value so we scored big time!   Of course, there's just one catch.  We have to attend 5 days a week for all 5 weeks or we are required to pay the additional $170.  How's that for motivation?  :-)

We started on Monday evening.  It's now Thursday, our 4th day, and to say we're sore is a huge understatement.  The fitness place is called Hard Exercise Works and I'd liken it to football practice.  We're running, jumping, hanging, lifting, squatting, pulling, etc, etc, etc.  Of course my shoulder limits what I can do but there are always alternate exercises.  (No hanging, no pushups, etc for me.)  As I'm typing this, I think the only part of my body that doesn't ache are my fingers.  

It will be very interesting to see what the next 4 weeks brings....

2 comments:

Laura said...

At least you're still alive and kicking after week 1!

Melanie said...

That sounds like fun, to me. It'll be worth it in the end!