Thursday, September 1, 2011

This & That


Today is Sept. 1st which means it's the start of the layout a day (LOAD) class that I'm participating in online.  It's set up like a marathon (which is probably what reeled me) so the idea is that we'll complete a LOAD for the next 26 days. I haven't completed 26 pages in the last two years combined so it's going to be quite a challenge but one I think I'm prepared to tackle.

This morning's prompt, our first one of the marathon, is to scrap a goal.  That's a no-brainer for me.  As you know, my current goal is to run an average of 40 miles a month.  I have found that at my age, as long as I run, I can maintain a good weight for myself.  As you can see by my sidebar, August wasn't a great running month for me.  A combination of vacation and a week of sinus headaches (which I attribute to Irene) sidelined me for a good portion of August.  But like I've already mentioned, today is Sept. 1st ....

I'll leave you with a couple of photos to view while I'm busy in JulieWorld.   Jay took a long overdue and much deserved vacation to Las Vegas last week with two of his buddies.  Being the nervous mom that I am, (never mind that he's 28 years old...moms always worry) I had scenes of The Hangover rolling through my head the entire time.  Being the good son that he is, he made sure to text and send photos all week to ease my mind.  I'm sure he'll have lots of stories to tell (and many more that he won't) but I'm happy to say that he's back home in Orlando safe and sound.


Jay, making his presence known...





And Pawn Star fans will recognize this...



No sign of Chumlee though, darnit.   To paraphrase Jay ... "The place is a total dump on the inside."

Hopefully I'll have a layout to post tomorrow...maybe even 26 by the end of the month.  Wish me luck!





3 comments:

Catherine said...

I love the photos...really sorry about the Chumlee sighting, though,lol!

Melanie said...

I need to get cracking on my page for the day, but I'm here surfing the net instead. What a nice son to send you some pics from his getaway!

Lynne said...

That is fun that he found the Pawn Stars place. I heard that if someone brings in something interesting they close the store and film it on the spot. Interesting.