Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Owls

Meg is obsessed with owls...owl stickers, owl hats, owl toys, owl shirts, etc. But as we found out at my parents' house, she's not so keen on the real thing. We heard them in my parents yard one night and she was so afraid one was going to come swoop down and take off with her little dog....silly girl.

Prompt - use gray, browns and yellows.

Last week  I walked into the family room to this....


I couldn't have staged the photo more perfectly if I'd tried.  She's wearing one of her new owl stocking caps, has her stuffed owl toy, an owl Halloween decoration that I'd bought for outdoors but somehow think it will never see the front yard and her owl mittens (that she put on the stakes of the decorative piece.)  She slept there for several hours, very content and oblivious to everything going on around her...as in camera flashes and her Daddy and I laughing out butts off!

With a daughter like this I'll never run out of scrapping material.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh, that's so cute!!

Melanie said...

Wow, you're right! I don't think anyone could have staged that scene any better if they tried! I love this page! Everything goes so well together--even the twine!