Thursday, February 12, 2015

Recent Cards


As you know, I am big into cardmaking.  Did you also know that I am horrible at actually mailing out cards?  Well, I am.  Horrible, isn't it?

One of my New Year's resolutions is to actually give/send out the cards I make (rather than just give them all away as gift sets).   I have five friend birthdays in January and two family birthdays plus Valentines in February.  So far I'm keeping up!

When I make a card for fun I can usually whip through a card fairly quickly however I'm finding that when I create one with a specific person in mind, I struggle and it ends up taking forever.  The sad part is, I don't think the two hour cards are really any better than the 15 minutes ones.  *sigh*

My sis' birthday was Monday.  I made her this card last week.  Now mind you, it didn't turn out exactly how I had it envisioned in my head but I didn't think it was all that bad.



But when I showed it to Meg her comment was "It looks like Lady Gaga threw up on it."  *heavy sigh*


So I toned it down and made her this one.






Today is my nephew's birthday.  (Happy Birthday Ben!)  I made him what I thought was a very nice nautical card last week.



It had this cute saying and gift card insert on the inside.





Once again my highly critical QC person (aka Meg) immediately said it was too patriotic for a February birthday.  After some thought I created this card using a Silhouette cut file.  Hopefully he receives it in today's mail.





I had to do some online research to find out the correct colors on an Xbox controller.  I sure hope I got it right.  The inside also has a gift card pocket.  I thought the saying was really cute.




Meg totally approved of it.  (Thank goodness.)




And finally, here are a few cards I made just for fun.  The first two are lifts of cards by Yana Smakula.




I really love how they turned out. I plan to make a couple more in the future using gold ink.




And lastly, a baby card....just because.





Yesterday I spent the day clearing off my desk and doing some major rearranging in JulieWorld.  I'm headed in to enjoy my fresh space and hope to whip up a few more cards, just for fun.

I'll share my family Valentine cards with you next time.  Thanks for stopping by!




1 comment:

Catherine said...

OK....so I really didn't think the initial cards were bad at all. But then again, I'm not a very hip, with-it person, lol. The rest are just really wonderful...love the silver metallic!