Tuesday, February 10, 2015

December Daily 2014....in February 2015


In my defense, I did finish my holiday album in January but it's taken me until today to get it photographed.  Lucky for you *wink* I'm not going to go through it page by page but rather, give an overview of the album itself.

I started with the Tim Holtz Small Folio which as you can see is as bare as bare can get.









Here is my outer cover.  The project grew as the month went on.   It's stuffed. As in overstuffed.



As full as it is, I'm very happy to report that I did not buy one new thing for this project.  All of the supplies are from my stash.




And here's the view when first opened.





What you see on the left is an accordion album that I constructed using cardstock.  When opened it looks like this.  (At this point I took the album outside to photograph.)


The top flap also opens up for more photos.  The bottom flap displays my 2014 Christmas card.




The back side of those pages are also filled.  This is how it looks when I flip the left pages over to the right side.  

 



It's difficult to see but the middle portion of the folio also has an accordion album.  I've spread it out here with the left accordion going left and the middle accordion going right.  The back side of the middle accordion is also filled.  (Not shown)






The far right side of the album has flip pages.  (Gotta keep a man's privates, private ya know.) 





There are a few other nooks and crannies that I'm not showing mainly because they're difficult to keep open long enough to photograph.  

I really love how different it is from my albums in the past but I have to admit, it was A LOT of work.  Someone please remind me next year to do something on a smaller, easier scale.  (Catherine, I think that means you.  *wink*)


3 comments:

Catherine said...

It looks fantastic! I'll try to remember that you don't want to do something this big next year!

Lynne said...

Wow!! This is very impressive! Love it!!

Unknown said...

I love this Julie!! I understand now why it took you into January to finish it but WOW! So worth it!! Are you sure you want to simplify??