Sunday, May 5, 2013

NSD Weekend Layouts

As I suspected, I ended up spending way more time helping Meg with her project than I'd planned/hoped so I didn't get in as much creative time as I would have liked.  But I did manage to do three layouts, two using 2013 photos and one with a compilation of old/new text photos.

I combined Scrapbook Generation Challenge #2 (Project Life style layout) with Challenge #4 (journaling  in a different way layout) to create the following....



He's My Foodie is a compilation of food-related photos and conversations that Jay has texted me over the past couple of years.  I've saved them with the purpose of scrapping them but didn't have any idea just how to do it until I was inspired by their challenges.  Obviously a good portion of the journaling are simply screenshots of our text conversations.  (Most all texts are of food creations he's prepared but my favorite one is in the top right corner.  His text reads "just ate a taco the size of a newborn."  LOL!!)  For the PL portion of the challenge, I basically just treated each item as if I was placing them into a pocket but all is adhered onto regular cardstock.

The next SB Generation inspired layout,  Tacky Twin Day, is a result of their Challenge #6 (Product Challenge.)  They provided a list of items from which you were to choose 5 and use them on a page.  My choices included a bingo card, washi tape, enamel dots, bakers twine, a wooden element and for good measure...mist.



I think all are recognizable except for maybe the bird....which uses a wooden element from Michael's, Heidi Swapp Mist and an enamel dot from MME.  

My final layout doesn't fit any of the SB Generation challenges but it's a photo I really wanted to scrap. In fact, I'll probably use it on three more layouts so that Jay, Meg and I can all have a copy in our albums.  



That's it folks!  As much as I'd hoped to continue my progress into today, Cinco de Mayo is calling.  I've prepared two large pans of Mexican lasagna to take to a gathering in a couple of hours.  Cerveza anyone?  

3 comments:

Helmka Family said...

All fabulous layouts! Have a great time at your party.
TFS!
Karen

Catherine said...

The layouts are awesome!!

Catherine said...

The layouts are awesome!!