Friday, May 10, 2013

Just Another Day in Paradise

My girlfriend and I started walking the bridge over the intracoastal this week.  I park my car on the mainland side and we walk the 60' high span over the waterway and then continue onto the barrier island and the beach.  It's a wonderful walk (4 miles total) and I'm so happy my hip is feeling up to the challenge. I took a few IPhone photos to share while we were out this morning.


Halfway through our walk we get to gaze out into the Atlantic Ocean from the barrier island.  It was beautiful this morning.





Here's a view from the top of the bridge as we were making our way back to the mainland.  Isn't it gorgeous?  Sometimes you get lucky enough to see some dolphin playing along the coast but we didn't see any this week.






My girlfriend's husband wanted to take one of their boats out for a quick ride so he met us at the bottom of the bridge where she hopped aboard.  Unfortunately I had an appointment to get our dog groomed so I wasn't able to join them.




I feel so fortunate to live in such a wonderful place!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

It IS gorgeous, but your ocean is facing the wrong way! LOL

Helmka Family said...

Beautiful!
TFS!
Karen

Melanie said...

That is gorgeous! I would love to have that view during my morning walk!