Monday, January 9, 2012

A New Week

The weather in Florida right now is GORGEOUS and very Goldilocks... as in not too hot and not too cold.  We spent the day out on the boat yesterday and had the best time.  We anchored off one of the intracoastal islands with two other boats filled with friends and had a very relaxing afternoon.  The kids roasted marshmallows and explored the island and the beach for treasures, the guys did some fishing and we ladies just hung out and got caught up on our holidays. This was the one and only catch of the day.



 Meg (in the sweatshirt) and her friends...


My new year's resolution to plan and cook a nice dinner every night has been going well.  I stuck to my meal plan last week and all four meals were very good.  Our personal favorite was the Spicy Bean Burritos.  These were absolutely delicious!   I followed the recipe and fixin's exactly with the exception of adding in some leftover shredded chicken.  Yummy, yummy, yummy.  I see this as being a 'go to' dish because of it's simplicity.

One of my goals is to reduce meal portions because Randy is not keen on lefovers.  It will take some work on my part.  We ended up with quite a bit of chicken tortellini soup and bean mixture leftover....enough to carry us through Saturday and Sunday.  The remaining soup (yes, there was still enough for another meal) has been frozen away for another day as well as a nice portion of shredded chicken.  (I boiled a 8 lb roaster last week and used it for the soup, burritos and a future meal.)

This week's menu includes -

Monday - Turkey Burgers/Baked Potato Wedges/Corn on the Cob
Tuesday - Parmesan Grilled Chicken (recipe courtesy of Catherine)/Mashed Cauliflower/Frozen Veggies/Rolls
Wednesday - Brown Sugar Glazed Pork/Baked Potatoes/Broccoli
Thursday - Chicken Parmesan/Salad/Rolls
Friday -  Black Eyed Peas with Ham (the fresh peas were BOGO last week so I need to use them up....plus it gives Meg and I an opportunity to finish leftovers)
Saturday - Crock Pot Chicken and Angel Hair Pasta
Sunday - Open

I did my Sam's shopping yesterday morning (with girlfriends which always makes it more fun) and am headed out for the smaller staples in just a moment.  I really loved only having to make one trip to the grocery store last week!  That alone is excellent incentive to keep up the momentum.

As for my December Daily...I  finished it last week but need to clean up my craft room before I can take photos.  It looks like a bomb went off in there.  :-)

1 comment:

Catherine said...

See? There are total pay-offs to planning! Your week sounds great! You can do it!!! (Picture me doing a back flip into the splits....ouch!)