Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Bargain!

I absolutely love finding bargains!  Last week Meg and I were at Michael's and she spied a few Valentine owl things that she really liked.  I went back yesterday to pick them up for her and saw that they had their $2 clearance bins out once again.  I've bought a couple of grab bags in the past and while worth $2 to some, there wasn't really any product in there that really interested me. (They have them bagged and tied so you can't see what you're getting.) But yesterday they actually had bags with Christmas wrapping paper sticking out. Well, that was a deal I couldn't pass up.





I walked out with eleven rolls of Christmas paper that would have cost $54 before Christmas for only $2.00 !  Now that's a bargain.

The bag also contained a package of batting and two bags of pine cones.  Pine cones?  From someone who lives on an acre lot filled with pine trees it's hard to imagine anyone paying for pine cones.  But have no fear, they will not go to waste.  I just googled pine cone crafts, printed out some photos, and am going to donate them to my first grade class later this week.  As for the paper, I'll keep my favorite designs and donate a few rolls to the school for their Holiday Shoppe and Toys 4 Tots drive.

I left there and went to Target for some groceries.  (They have awesome prices for grocery items.)  I went in armed with my coupons and list and saved quite a bit of money.  My biggest bargain by far though was on Healthy Choice Frozen Entrees.  (I usually eat a frozen dinner for lunch when I'm home alone.)  After their store specials and my coupons I ended up with five dinners for just over $4.00.  That's like buying five and only paying for two.  Now that's my kind of shopping!

No comments: