Sunday, January 29, 2012

My New Found FAVS

I wanted to share a few of my favorite discoveries from this week.

Two recipes from last week's menu definitely become regulars....   

First is the Chicken Curry recipe CLICK HERE and CLICK HERE .  (Thanks Catherine for turning us on to this.)  A bit of prep work but definitely worth it...I'm talking a restaurant quality dish.  Make sure to have all items prepped before you start and it's very easy and Super Delicious.

The second recipe couldn't be any simpler.  It's the slow cooker Chipotle Chicken and Pintos....CLICK HERE .  It takes five minutes to prepare and then it's on auto pilot for 8 hours.  It was really hard for me not to open the lid and peek but I didn't.  (The chicken will shred if you stir)  One tip....I love heat in my food but because I didn't take the time to seed the chipotles, it was extremely hot, overpowering hot.  Next time I'll add just one and make sure I de-seed it.  I halved the recipe and still had tons.  After we finished I added the leftover rice to the mixture and gave it a good stir to shred the chicken.  I used it as burrito stuffing last night for dinner and it was scrumptious.  Very easy and very inexpensive to prepare.  

On a side note:  Randy picked the first ripe Roma tomato this morning.  He says something has been out there digging, feasting and destroying  :(  so we'll see just how many of these (and our strawberries) actually make it to our table.  



I spent the evening last night going through the huge basket of magazines I've received (and never seem to read) and found several good recipes.  I'll be trying one or two this week.  

Back to Favs....

I've also been exploring Ipad apps.  I discovered that I can read my BH&G on my Ipad now (and will see about eliminating the print version) which is really, really cool.  They've embedded videos and extras into the digital version.  You can save recipes, bookmark pages, etc and the pages are so crisp and vibrant.  I was actually going to let my subscription lapse but have decided to renew because of the digi version.

I also discovered a wonderful site for digi magazines...Zinio.com.  If you type it in Safari it will pull up tons of magazines you can buy either by the issue or through a subscription....all on your Ipad.  (I know there are several magazines that provide their own apps but this site is comprehensive....all topics imaginable.)  I haven't bought any yet but will in the near future.

Something else I discovered last night was an app called Chrome Sync.  I have been very discouraged because the Chrome Browser that I use exclusively on my PC is not available on the Ipad.  Because of that I have never been able to pull up anything from computer's Bookmarks Bar while browsing on my mobile device.  Well, no more!!  This nifty app syncs through Googe Docs and everything I have marked on my computer I can now get on my Ipad.  It's so totally awesome!!!  (You download the app and then install a plug in on your computer and it's done.)  Those of you without Ipads DO NOT know what you're missing!!!  

I'll be back tomorrow with this week's menu and another totally awesome app I discovered.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

You are so welcome for the recipe...it's so good!! Thanks for the other info as well!