Friday, January 13, 2012

Do You See What I See?

Recognize these?


They're itty bitty, teenie weenie strawberries!  We only have 3 plants so we won't get many but this is very cool.

We've also been snacking on these cherry tomatoes...



But I'm most excited about these....


This is Randy's first attempt at growing Roma tomatoes.  We have lots of them on the vines and I can't wait for them to ripen.   I believe we have some beefsteak tomatoes out there as well.

On the cooking front...

The verdict is still out on mashed cauliflower.  Randy came home on Wednesday wanting to free me from the kitchen so we went to Chili's for dinner.  Meg discovered that she likes Cajun Chicken Pasta so I guess it served double duty. ;-)  Therefore I ended up skipping Weds Grilled Parmesan Chicken/mashed cauliflower and used the chicken breasts for last night's Chicken Parm and pasta.  And tonight, instead of ham/black eyed peas, Randy will be getting leftover glazed pork/black eyed peas which I now have in the crock pot.  Meg and I will dine on leftover chicken parm.  (It was very, very good.)

I will leave you with this photo I snapped on my Iphone last night.  The animals were all looking out for  Meg who has been home sick with a cold for the last two days.







3 comments:

Catherine said...

That's a totally sweet picture of Meg, and look at those tomatoes! I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that tomatoes can grow in January.

Helmka Family said...

Awww...what a sweet photo!
You are so lucky to be able to grow veggies all winter long!
Karen

Laura said...

Love how Jasmine is on Meg's pillow, instead of Meg. LOL
Wtg on your garden!