Wednesday, November 18, 2015

High School Sports News


Our varsity basketball players had their first game of the season last night.  Meg was a bit nervous but there was no need.  They were fabulous.

I promised her that I wouldn't be that mom.  As a compromise I took my zoom lens and kept an inconspicuous distance away from the girls.  (For the most part anyway.)  The result was about two dozen really bad gymnasium photos.  My apologies up front.



The girls and JV players waiting to greet the varsity squad....





Her varsity squad consists of twelve girls, freshman through senior.  Something new to me is the fact that they cheer from a small set of bleachers behind one of the hoops.  They're getting their spacing determined here...



Meg is the tall blond in the back.




They take the floor between quarters and half time.



I was very surprised at the small crowd.  It's been over 35 years since I've attended a high school basketball game but "back in the day, in a tiny town in the midwest" we had huge crowds. Last night both sets of fans shared the home side.  I'm not sure if this is always the case but hopefully the Friday night games draw a larger audience.


I love that Meg is involved, having fun and making new friends.




Our guys played well winning their first game of the season.






In other sports news, our varsity girls won the Class 6A state volleyball title last week.   How awesome is that?