Friday, June 12, 2015

This Week


I'm not really sure just where my week has gone.  Friday already?  Geesh!

For months Meg has been asking to have her bedroom redone for her birthday which is coming up next week.  I've been slowly working on it.  (new bed, new bedding, new furniture arrangement, etc)  In the end though I had to accept that it would probably be best if I hired out the painting.  I have NEVER let anyone outside my family paint the interior of my house.  But it would have taken me a week and an industrial sized bottle of Advil so I hired two guys to come in on Wednesday and do it.  Was it worth it?  I guess, but they certainly didn't do it to "Julie Standards".  It will definitely require some touching up but it is done.

We still have some decorating to do yet.  She wants plantation shutters for her window, a new ceiling fan, and some other miscellaneous decorations for her walls but it's cleaned out and painted.  The worst is definitely over.  :-)

She went from a full sized bed with headboard to a twin daybed with trundle to give her more space. This is her old paint with the new bed.







And here are a couple of quick "afters".  (The pillow was photoshopped out due to personal information.)







The upper walls are a pretty lavendar and the lower walls are all white.  We did her closet doors in a black chalkboard paint.






I'll get better photos once her window and fan are completed but she's very happy with her new space.

The remainder of my week will be spent with Fin.  I'm traveling up later today for a full day of Grandma Duty tomorrow.  :-)

1 comment:

Catherine said...

It looks really great!!