Tuesday, March 5, 2013

O.M.Grrrrrr


I recently bought a pair of white lace-less Converse online. Meg immediately tried them on and announced that she was wearing them to school the next day. She was a bit disappointed when I made it clear that they were MY shoes, not hers, but I did let her wear them.

Yesterday I was at our local TJMaxx and I found a pair of white Converse (with laces) that are very similar to my new ones so I bought them for Meg.  When the cashier rang me up the final price was less than I'd expected but I didn't give it much thought. (I had looked at so many shoes that I assumed I had the wrong price in my head.)

Typical Meg, she looked at them and announced she didn't like them.  (In other words, if they're not Mommy's shoes, then what's the fun in wearing them? LOL!)  So this morning I dug out the receipt to return them.  




Notice anything?  Wahhhhhhhh!  You all know my feelings about aging. Ordinarily I am thrilled to receive any sort of a discount but DAMNIT.....I AM NOT 55+ PEOPLE!!!! 

This has totally ruined my day.  :-(   

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh....Dear.....yeah, I can see why you might be a little upset.

Unknown said...

Oy! I hope that cashier isn't there when you take them back! LOL I know it was a very young person because there's no way you look that old!