Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What I've Been Up To

I've spent the last several days trying to complete my ever growing list of unfinished projects.  The projects are not major in any way but when the list is a dozen items long it's time to crack down and just "get 'er done."  In the past few days I've been able to complete two unfinished mini albums as well as some miscellaneous home decor projects.

In addition to playing catch up I've decided to embark on a scrapping trend that started a few years ago called Project Life.   This type of scrapping is basically a glorified photo album in which you document your everyday life week by week. I've resisted the trend but after a lot of thought I realized it might actually be quite beneficial to me.  It makes me sad that I've done very little scrapping these past three years and the moments/events I would like to document have become overwhelming.  Creating a PL album will give me the opportunity to easily record much of what would have become an individual 12x12 page, thereby reducing the number of individual pages I feel compelled to create.   This in turn will provide me more time to go back to my 2009 photos and fill in the albums from that point until present.

I won't be sharing all of my pages but wanted to provide an example of this type of scrapbook.  As you  can see PL uses divided page protectors which allows for easy insertion of photos, journaling cards and memorabilia.







It's not necessarily a work of art but it gets the job done quick and easy.  The photos above represent the first week of 2013 but from this point forward I plan to do only one page per week.   (Most everyone else online is doing two page weekly spreads but I want an entire year to fit into a single album.)  I can now be choosier about what occasions/memories get recorded in the more artistic 8.5x11 or 12x12 which makes me very happy.

4 comments:

Catherine said...

It looks GOOD!!

Lynne said...

I love how it turned out!

Unknown said...

I'm excited to see the start of your album! It looks great!!

Helmka Family said...

Great job!!!! Looks super!
TFS!
Karen