Thursday, January 24, 2013

Life Right Now

Life is definitely getting back to normal since my surgery.  I started walking with a friend twice a week.  We're up to 3.5 miles which may not sound like a lot but suffice it to say, I've come a long way these past three months.  It's not fast nor is it pretty, but I'm out there again and loving it.

I also started back to my volunteering position at Meg's former elementary school.  Last Thursday was my first day this school year so I have a whole new group of kids names and faces to remember.  I really, really enjoy them but sure enough come Sunday, exactly three days later, I was down with a cold. Fortunately I was able to shake it off after a couple of days but it's definitely a reminder of what hanging out with the little ones will bring.

I hadn't planned on sharing much of my Project Life album but I have an entry in last week's pages that really makes me smile.  My father-in-law, out of the blue, sent us a photo of his grandmother, his great-grandfather and his great aunt that was taken in the late 1800s.  Unbeknownst to me, my husband's maternal side hails from Scotland.  I'm thrilled to have the photo and included it, along with my FIL's note, in last week's pages.







Since I had a blank 8x10 page protector on the opposite side of the photo I decided to do all of the week's journaling in one spot.

The photos are 1) my girlfriend's birthday party that we hosted here, 2&3) my husband's first harvest of broccoli from our winter garden and 4)  Meg's note to the "tooth fairy" requesting $20....ahem, she got $10.  LOL!





In addition to Kel's birthday a week ago Monday I've also have four other friends who have celebrated birthdays this month....one last week and three more this week.  I am low on handmade cards (my usual gift to them) so I've been busy cranking them out in JulieWorld.  Unfortunately I didn't get photos of last weeks's sets but here's a few from yesterday.  I "borrowed" the design from Kandis Smith.



Meg has also informed me that we need more girly birthday cards.  Her friends seem to love my cards so I'll have to take some time out and create a few more for her to use.

That's it for today.  Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

Catherine said...

Those older photos are really awesome!!

Helmka Family said...

Fabulous job!!! Love to see you creating again...just wish I could get some mojo!
TFS!
Karen