Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day all!  I'll post more about our "holiday" tomorrow but right now I'd like to catch you up on our last several days.

Our trip to Tampa was postponed for a couple of weeks but because I was in town I was able to participate in our county's science fair.  This was my second year as a judge and it's something that I really, really enjoy.  This year my teacher friend Michelle and I were given middle school chemistry, a favorite category of mine. (Last year I had high school environmental science, a subject I'm not as familiar with but extremely interesting.)  I really love talking to the kids, learning about their experiments and providing some feedback.

Meg's project made it to the top ten in her school which meant she advanced to county so I was able to see her board that morning at the mall as well. (Elementary level students do not have to be there to present their experiment.)  Their judging took place on Friday but no word so far as to whether she will advance to the state level.

The postponement of my nephews birthday party meant that my parents had a free weekend ahead of them and we were so happy that they took us up on our offer to visit us here.  We (my brother, sister and I) had purchased a Kindle Fire for my father (we got Mom an IPad for Christmas) so we spent the weekend playing with all of our devices.  Four adults, two couches and four games of Words With Friends going.  Family Game Night sure has changed.  :-)

Because of our long weekend, my menu plan this week started today.

Tuesday - Shrimp/Broccoli/Bowtie Pasta
Wednesday - Crock Pot Rotisserie Chicken, Smashed Red Potatoes, Corn
Thursday - Green Salad with Blackened Chicken
Friday - Slow Cooker Tenderloin, Rice and a veggie
Weekend - Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches, Memphis Cole Slaw

I'll be back tomorrow with some photos of our Valentine's Day.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

LOL at the new look of Family Game Night! Your menu looks good!

Melanie said...

Where do you get your slow cooker recipes? I'm trying to get Patrick to make some slow cooker meals but it's like pulling teeth sometimes.

My family won't play Words with Friends with me. :(