Thursday, February 16, 2012

Our Valentine's Day

My sweet husband showered both Meg and I with cards, beautiful flowers, chocolates and matching bead/charm bracelets on Valentine's morning.  (See the pretty matching red boxes?) 




I knew that Meg was getting one but had no idea he'd also purchased one for me.  It was quite a surprise.  We'll have a lot of fun individualizing the bracelets with our future additions.


(I really hate how my hands look so old next to hers but I do love the photo.)


Years ago we started Valentine and St. Patrick's Day traditions that involve big "buckets" that await Meg when she wakes up.  It's called The Bucket of Love on Valentine's Day and The Bucket of Green on St. Patty's Day.  Searching for candy and trinkets is as much fun for me as it for her to receive them. 





Like Christmas, it was an owl kinda Valentine's Day, right down to the card I made for her.  (No photo yet.)  

Later that day I was showered with valentines once again by my little first graders.  They were soooo excited for me to open and read all of their cards and check out all of my candy.  I just love my group!  We (a friend who also volunteers on a different day) gave them all cards, red ring pops and these book marks that I hurriedly created the night before.  


And after such a big day for us, my dear husband received only a card and several new pairs of slacks for work.  It's so hard to buy for the man who has everything and wants for nothing.  He's genuinely one of those guys who is happiest seeing us happy.  Knowing he's loved and appreciated is really all he needs and there's no doubt that he's both of those things to us and more.      

 

3 comments:

Helmka Family said...

Awww...sounds like you guys had a wonderful V-day! Love the bracelets.
TFS!
Karen

Melanie said...

Pretty bracelets! I'm really good at buying my own presents but Randy does such a great job getting you presents that he should keep doing that. ;)

Catherine said...

What wonderful surprises!!!