Wednesday, October 12, 2011

50 and a day....

Yesterday came and went very quietly.  I am officially 50 and even AARP knows it.  Got this little tidbit in the mail last week.


I love "happy mail."  Happy mail is defined as cards, scrappy supplies at my door, surprise gifts, etc.  This, my dear friends, IS NOT happy mail.

But putting birthdays into perspective, they can't be all bad when you have a fun loving tween in the house constantly making you smile.   Meg called me in to her room a couple of days ago to see something.  Before she opened the door she prefaced it with a "You're probably not going to like this but..."  (Never a good sign.)

I couldn't help but laugh though when I saw her latest creation.



The story goes....

"I found these clothes pins in your scrap room and wanted to make a clothes line.  I went to the garage to get the rope and remembered the pulley.   Daddy helped me hang it.  (The hook was already there.)  Isn't it cool, Mommy?"

:)  This girl is a real trip.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

ROFL at the pulley system....and I told you to throw that mail away!

Melanie said...

ROFL at Meg's "creation"! I'm amazed at how AARP knows everyone's birthdays. Yes I have to agree that I would not classify that one as "happy mail". Hugs!