Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Mickey Card

One of my daughter's friends is a real Disney fanatic.  She just loves everything Mickey, Minnie, Pooh and Princess etc, etc, etc,.  She recently celebrated her eleventh birthday and I wanted to make her a special card to go along with her Disney gifts.  

Using a large Spellbinder circle die I cut out two circles from black cardstock.  I used a smaller die to cut out two ears on a fold.  I attached the smaller folded circles to the two larger ones so that the card opens vertically at the ears.  I hand drew the face onto white, black and red cardstock, cut the pieces out and then attached them to the front of the card.


According to Meg her little friend LOVED the card which was later confirmed by her mother.  I just love it when recipients appreciate the love and work I put into a project.  Meg, who was more impressed than she cared to let on, has already put in a request for a Pooh card on her next birthday.  :)

2 comments:

Catherine said...

That's just awesome!!!

Melanie said...

WOW! That's a really cool card, Julie!