Monday, October 10, 2011

Surprise!

At least it was to me.  At 4:30 Saturday afternoon there was a knock at the door.  My husband called to me and opened the door to pouring rain, a strange man with an umbrella, and a white stretch Hummer limousine in my drive.  I thought we were heading out to friends to hang out (not out of the ordinary in the least) but instead we were heading to Jupiter to celebrate my 50th birthday.  I can honestly say, I had absolutely no idea.  (My girlfriends had told me that they were taking me out on Sunday for a girls day birthday celebration and I totally bought it...even had my clothes picked out for the next day.)  My husband had arranged the whole thing and they somehow all managed to keep it all a secret.

The limo dropped Meg off at a friends and then headed south.  (It was a short ride for her but she LOVED every second of it.)  There were 13 of us total and on the way down they decked me out in a 50th tiara, birthday pins, banners, boas, etc which I wore most of the night. We went to dinner at a cabana type restaurant on the water and then stopped at a local bar on the way home.  I have to admit, it was my best birthday ever, even if I do have to turn 50 tomorrow.

Cameras flashed all night.  I don't have any photos yet but I'll share them when I do.  And if any of you are reading this....thank you once again for an absolutely wonderful night!!  And thank you Randy, for making me feel very, very special.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

I was wondering when we were going to see some pictures!

Melanie said...

I need pictures! Happy early birthday, Julie! I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself!

Mom said...

I can't wait to see pictures of our grown-up little princess in her tiara and boa. Happy, happy birthday, Julie.