Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Blog Neglect

It's been a bit hectic lately.  I spent a few days last week visiting my parents in Tampa and then came home to a very busy weekend.  It's been awhile since I've had any play time in JulieWorld but I'm hoping to get in there for a couple of hours today.

I'd like to share another layout I did for the September LOAD class.  The prompt was to scraplift yourself.  (This design is the same I used in my Happy layout.) The very willing subjects are my daughter and her three cousins.


When at my parent's it seems most all photos are taken in the kitchen.  One of these days I'm going to learn how to set my camera manually to eliminate the yellowness.  See those cabinets?  They're not maple, they're an antiqued white/cream.  Even my Photoshop skills aren't enough to get the final coloring right.  Mel, Catherine....any quick pointers?

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Since I've been in your parents' kitchen, I see what you mean. You need to access your camera's "white balance" feature and set it for Tungsten when you're in this situation. Tungsten adds blue to the photo to compensate for the yellow on auto. And since I've met 3 of the 4 subjects....they're all getting just so grown up! You need to give them squeezes from me. Tell Clay & Jenna I'm going to go play a song just for them...one that Clay can play and Jenna can sing. :)

Melanie said...

The easiest way is the way Catherine described. The Tungsten setting is usually the one that looks like a regular lightbulb. I also have a preset in my Aperture program (for Mac) for white balance. I'm not sure how to use Photoshop to change the white balance.