Monday, July 25, 2011

Wasting away again...

in Margaritaville.  Searching for ....







Another cute idea that I swiped from some poor soul trying to make a living in Key West.  They were selling theirs for $18 each.  Since I already had all materials (except for the salt shaker) this project only cost me $3 to make.  And yes, mine is way cuter.

For my crafty friends I used a set of Taylored Expression stamps, Stazon ink and paint pens to embellish the sides.

I also made a second salt clock, this one for myself.  It's hanging in JulieWorld right now.  (Technically J'lieWorld because I somehow have lost my "u".  Go figure.)


This go round I didn't take the time to fill each shaker individually but rather left them opened in the box and went down the line with the box of salt.  I won't be doing that again.  (See how stingy they look?)  Sealing those little shakers with plastic wrap before screwing on the caps is the most time consuming part of the process.  Good thing this one was for me.

Thanks for stopping by!!!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

ROFL...very cute!

Deanna said...

Really like these clocks and cute salt shaker too!