Sunday, July 31, 2011

Like Mother, Like Daughter

Meg has taken on a few summer craft projects of her own that I thought I'd share.

She's fascinated with gnomes.  I have no idea why, but she is.  Everywhere we go she's on the hunt for some version of the ugly, tacky little creature.  She was so excited when she discovered this ceramic one at Michael's. It came unfinished (as did the toadstools) but she already had a plan.  She announced that she was going to make a gnome garden for her room.  A bit of searching in the clearance aisle produced the feathers, sign and teapot planter.  Add in some styrofoam and moss and she was set.  She came home, immediately painted her treasures (acrylic paint from my stash) and proceeded to assemble her little garden, complete with a frog that she swiped from my outdoor garden, which she displays proudly in her room.

.

Just a few days ago she came upon a Joann's advertisement that showed a fringed fleece blanket.  She thought she could just go buy one (she spent her own money on both the gnome garden and her new blanket) but I explained to her that she had to make it.  With that in mind she picked out a two piece set of fleece and we searched YouTube to see how it's done.  I did the cutting but she did the tying (with a little help from Daddy.)  She is very proud of her blanket and has been dragging this thing around with her ever since.  (This girl LOVES blankets, afghans, quilts and throws!)


Changing subjects....I hit my running goal of 40 miles last night.  Tomorrow starts a new month.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

She did a great job!!