Monday, April 4, 2016

Congrats Meg!


Last week was especially hectic for yet another reason, one that I purposely kept to myself.   It was tryout week for next year's football cheer squad.  You may recall me saying that her school holds separate tryouts for football and basketball.  (Weird, I know.)  Football is definitely the most popular and therefore also the most competitive.  She didn't try out for the football squad last year but did, as you know, make the basketball squad.  Well after a very stressful (and yes, tearful) week I am so happy to report that Meg will be a member of the 2016 JV Football Cheerleading Team.  (Insert "very relieved mom emoticon" here.)

Between that good news and her bright new smile, I had little problem getting her to pose for a photo last night.




On a side note....aren't our bougainvillea gorgeous right now?  We planted these two bushes (the pink and the purple) years ago as tiny little 1 lb pots. They were basically just sticks and now look at what an amazing backdrop they make for photos!  I may have to charge the neighbors for photo shoots.  :-)  




3 comments:

Catherine said...

I was going to say....the flowers are just gorgeous!!! Yay, Meg!!!

Lynne said...

Congrats, Meg!! That is great! And yes, your flowers are amazing!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Meg!! That is awesome!! And the flowers are beautiful!!