Thursday, April 21, 2016

Field Trip with Fin


Colleen invited me to tag along with her and Fin to a wildlife sanctuary located just a bit south of here.  I'd heard of it but for some unknown reason, had not been there myself.  (How I missed this with Meg, I'll never know.)  Given that it's a hospital/sanctuary and not a zoo, we were both pleasantly surprised at the size and variety of animals on the property.

We arrived in time for story time.




The kids were allowed to touch a baby alligator...



as well as a opossum.



After that we roamed the grounds to look at the animals.  They had two Florida black bears, three Florida panthers, a few Florida deer, bobcats, and foxes as well as lots of gators and turtles but Fin's favorite were definitely the birds. (pronounced "bur" by my little 16 month old grandson)





There were lots of burs.








The little guy was equally excited to see bird signs.   :-)  It's really hard to get a photo of him looking at the camera so I was really happy with this one.




As an added bonus I got a really nice photo of Fin and Mommy.  I cropped a random lady out of the left side but plan to do some creative photoshopping to get a true 4x6 size.





We had a great morning and I have a feeling that Fin and Fam will be spending lots of time at this great little pocket of Florida nature.