Monday, April 11, 2016

Around Here

Things have gotten a bit back to normal around here.  I haven't had any time for subbing but do hope to squeeze in a few more days before school lets out. (Waiting for work schedules from Jay and Colleen.)  I did find time to do a bit of proctoring for the state exams last week so I got in some elementary school loving from "my kids" while there.

Meg's schedule continues to keep me busy after school lets out.  Every Monday she gets tutored in math, Tuesday she has cheer practice, and Wednesday she volunteers for the local Big Brothers Big Sister program which is immediately followed by another two hours of cheer practice.  Usually also thrown in the mix are baseball or lacrosse games that she and her girlfriends enjoy attending.

Jay & Fam have settled into their new place as well as their new jobs.  Fin had his first official "Grandma Day" last Friday/Saturday.  (Because they leave for work so danged early, Grandma Days consist of a sleepover the night before.) Meg and I took him over to the elementary school playground Saturday morning before his nap.

I shared this first set of photos on Instagram.  I've dubbed him the Official Equipment Inspector. In the hour that we were there, I don't think there was a single spindle left unturned.





And trust me, there's a LOT of spindles to inspect.





This playground is located at the elementary school where I sub.  It's only about a year old and is really, really fabulous.  Given that it's only 5 minutes away, I have a feeling we'll be spending a lot of time there on the weekends.









What kid doesn't walk up the slide?





We spent the majority of our time in the "tot lot" and this ramp was definitely his favorite.





Our next Grandma Day(s) are coming up on Wednesday evening.  Mommy and Daddy both work Thursday and Friday so it will be a 48 hour stay this time around.  He's such a good little guy and I'm already looking forward to our time together.





2 comments:

Catherine said...

OK, that little flat-footed walk is just too cute!

Unknown said...

Too cute and so much fun! I love how he was so careful with his footing in the video, and how he took off at the end. LOL