Saturday, July 25, 2015

Putting Scraps to Good Use


Our trip to Illinois has been postponed.  Poor Meg just wasn't well enough to make it but my parents arrived safe and sound and will be there until Friday. If she is feeling well enough by tomorrow night, we hope to fly out to meet them on Monday.  (She did seem a bit better last night so we are hopeful.)

Since I had no other plans, I spent yesterday in JulieWorld.  I started off with this card. Meg really loves it.  I like it, but don't love it.  



As I was cleaning up afterward I decided to challenge myself to use my miscellaneous scraps.  I use a couple of pantry bins to stash away any scraps I have leftover from my projects.  This is what I gave myself to work with....





Every so often I make up some card bases in advance.  This is my current supply.



Using just what I have here (plus a few enamel dots, one lone "you" stamp and some thread) this is what I created yesterday.








At this point I decided to purge a good portion of my remaining scraps but I'm feel pretty darned good about putting them to good use.  

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Those are fabulous cards!!