Saturday, April 18, 2015

JulieWorld Logic


Follow me on this, ok?

Earlier this week I bought a pair of shoes, a silver shawl and a pair of earrings for Meg to wear to her upcoming dance.  She wasn't with me so I knew I was taking a chance but often times it's just easier to buy and return than it is to shop with her.  (For a teenage girl, she is not a willing shopper. Go figure.) Anyway....she reluctantly agreed to the shoes but decided that she preferred to wear a shrug and earrings that she currently owns.  Works for me.

So yesterday I drove back to SteinMart to return the two items she did not want.  I made a quick cruise through the store before heading to the checkout. As many of you know I have designer purse radar and this bag totally caught my eye.






This black and white tote has "Julie" written all over it .  Because it's not leather the Michael Kors price is much more reasonable than many of his bags.

Don't have a heart attack Mom....




Ahhh....but the SteinMart price was $119.  :-)  Sold!

Now here's the part where you need to follow me.  You've all heard the term "fuzzy math."  Well today I'm going to introduce you to "JulieWorld math."  

- - I made a $39 return on items that we no longer need.
- - I used a 20% off coupon towards my new $119 purchase.
- - So how much was my $198 bag?
- - Duh....$57!

Welcome to JulieWorld.





3 comments:

Catherine said...

ROFL.....!!!

Mom said...

You paid $57 for a purse???

Melanie said...

Cute purse! I'm not going to tell you how much I spend for my purses...