Thursday, April 2, 2015

Fin Patrol


As I mentioned last weekend, Meg and I were on full-time Finley duty for the 14 hours that Jay and Colleen were working.  I am happy to report that we had an excellent day with no meltdowns and only a couple pouty boo-boo faces.

A little funny...

Jay was so meticulous on his instructions the night before that it bordered on complete and total OCD.  Not only did he repeat the extremely detailed directions several times but he actually quizzed me when he was done.  I kept my inner chuckling to myself because I knew he was being completely serious. Finally he took a deep breath and said "I know you have this mom, but I'm still nervous. He's my little dude."  So cute.

I reassured Jay (and Colleen, who didn't appear to be nervous at all *wink*) by texting photos throughout the day.  And not just photos of Fin but also photos of me mixing, washing, sanitizing, feeding him the bottles as per Jay's strict instructions.  I think I put his mind to ease.

Here is some Finley Goodness for you all....







Heading out for our breakfast.  It's wonderful that they live in close proximity of a small downtown area with shopping and restaurants.  It was a bit cool Sunday morning.









Getting ready for nap time....







Grandma needed a shot of post-nap caffeine.  I think the dog was very happy to get out too.  





And a quick late afternoon photo session....



It was a very, very good day.


Switching gears a bit........I will be taking a short blog break to spend some time with my family.  I hope to see you all again later next week.  As always, thanks for stopping by!




1 comment:

Catherine said...

He's such a cute little guy! It looks like you had things well under control!