Friday, April 25, 2014

Mending, finally!


As of Tuesday I started feeling much better and even started back to my walking routine.  Jasmine has been accompanying me and I am amazed at just how far her little 4" legs will take her. Today we went 3.0 miles and I'd bet she'd be ready for 3.0 more if I got out the leash again.  LOL!!

My creative time has been spent catching up on my Project Life pages this week. They're rather boring but I do have a few more cards to share.

These first two use supplies from an old Simon Says Stamp Card kit.  Very simple, but fun.






I got the design idea for this next one from one of Catherine's pins.  It's a great way to use up scraps.




This last one is one of my all time favorites.  It took me forever to make (paper pieced the animals) but I had someone special in mind.  She loves hippos and I wanted something unique for her 14th birthday.  Lawn Fawn has a stamp set available with this sentiment but I improvised with the supplies I had.



I just really love the way it turned out.  (BTW, I got some smudges from the gel pen I used on the eyes and nose but I fixed them after taking this photo.)  Meg's BFF loved it too.  (As a side note, Meg has already informed me that she wants a cute whale card for her birthday.   LOL!)

Speaking of Meg, she loved her Easter basket but especially loved that we did an egg hunt, something she's really missed the last couple of years.  She was so happy that she didn't even balk at photos.  :-) Here's one of my favorites, enhanced with a few fun RadLab photo filters.





Baby Girl is growing up.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Love the cards and love the photo of Meg!!