Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Final Day of Clean & Simple 3


It's my final post of the Clean & Simple Card class techniques.  Aren't you all happy?  :-)

The theme of this final day was "One Stamp Four Ways" which by all accounts should have read "One Stamp Set Four Ways" based on their examples.  The four designers illustrated the versatility of one stamp set consisting of sentiments, background, geometrics, etc., by creating four very different cards. Their stamp set of choice was the Sunny Skies Set from Mama Elephant Stamps.  I couldn't find a similar stamp set so I chose one stamp, a chevron background, to use on each of my four cards following the techniques demonstrated by the instructors.


Layered Stamping --- This example involved using white pigment ink to stamp a large background onto a white card base.  Once dry another large stamp was applied directly over top using a colored dye ink.  Using a chevron background stamp I created this ...









Masking ---  This technique was illustrated in several examples throughout the class.  I used removable tape and my chevron background stamp to create this example ...






Bokeh Effect ---  This designer used the small circle stamp to create a faux bokeh effect on her card. Using a circle stamp I did one/two/three generation stamping technique and followed it with my chevron background stamped in Versamark.  I then added clear embossing powder, heat set it and here is the resulting card ...






Stamping with Markers --- The final technique of the course was to use markers (instead of ink) to color your stamps.  I alternated four marker colors to stamp my chevron background but because my background was so large the coloring took a bit of time.  Even "huffing" the rubber prior to stamping wasn't enough to get a good crisp impression.  My fix was to cover it with a printed transparency and I have to say, I really love the finished card.






So that concludes my marathon of new card techniques.  The class "forced" me out of my comfort zone and because of that I now have many new techniques that will become part of my everyday designs.  I had so much fun and already have my eye on another class by the same group of designers that I hope to take over the summer.

Thank you all for indulging me!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Awesome job!!

Lynne said...

I think the happy birthday and thank you ones are my favorites! Are those the same background stamp?