Wednesday, April 2, 2014

C&S Cards - Day 7

Meg was off last week for Spring Break and we, being the homebodies that we are, had such a wonderful time doing lots and lots of nothing.  Unless you count crafting.  We did lots of crafting.   Lots and lots of crafting.

Meg joined me in JulieWorld every day where she tried her hand at a lot of the techniques I was doing for the class.  I really enjoyed having her there with me. She has so many creative ideas and knows her way around my stuff just as well as I do.  We worked side by side like pros.

In addition to card making we also spent an afternoon making our own "enamel" dots using plastic beads.  There are lots of how-to videos on YouTube that you can Google if you're curious.  She also made a really cute bracelet and choker using some of the beads and my new Lawn Fawn sparkly twines.  (She has "new stuff radar", remember?  LOL!!!

Before I dive into Day 7 cards I'd like to share one that Meg created.  I think it turned our really, really pretty.  She did an awesome job of selectively stamping her flower with three different colors of ink.



Isnt' it pretty?


Onto Day 7 --

The theme of the day was Creative Coloring.  The three techniques demonstrated were Creative Copic Coloring, Tracing Images, and Watercolor Made Easy.

Creative Copic Coloring ---  Copics are a brand of alcohol markers that many crafters use to color stamped images.  The technique demonstrated involved coloring vellum to use behind the negative image of a die cut sentiment.  For my card I used the negative image of a balloon die cut into the card front.  This one was fun to do and made for a very pretty card.





Tracing Images --- This technique involved stamping an intricate background to the card front and then tracing and coloring a portion of the image.  I wasn't too impressed with the examples only because they're not my style but I did play along.  (That whole stretching and growing thing.)  I should have gone with my first instinct and not bothered.  My result was butt ugly and ended up in the trash. Moving on....

Watercolor Made Easy --- The instructor demonstrated how to freehand a feather image using watercolors.  Again, not something I can see myself doing.  I adapted the freehand idea to something I could handle...scribbles.  ;)  Here are my examples...










Meg is back in school this week and I find myself really missing my daytime crafting companion. Unfortunately it's back to reality.  Our evenings are now being spent reviewing math for the FCAT exams.  grrrr!

I'll be back in a couple of days with my Day 9 cards.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

These look really cool!