Saturday, April 19, 2014

Channeling my "Inner Julie"


Happy Easter!  I've been down and out with a cold so it's been a "lost" week for me.   (Hate when that happens....grrr!)  Hopefully I'm feeling better by tomorrow.

I have some cards to share that I created about a month ago, prior to the Clean & Simple Class.  As I've mentioned before, my current favorite card designer is Julie Ebersole.  In addition to releasing videos on her YouTube Channel she also hosts the Make It Monday feature on the Ellen Hutson YouTube Channel for her storefront by the same name.  I'm not ashamed to admit that I stalk both channels.

I love everything she creates but the minute I saw this one I knew I had to copy it.






Isn't it gorgeous?   Here are my versions....




I prefer her thinner border to my thicker one but this is the size of watercolor paper I happened to have on hand at the time.  I also didn't have the gold Delicata ink she used so I had to improvise.   That said, I still love "my" cards.


Channeling my "inner Julie" I created two more cards.  This next one uses the same typewriter stamp but with a patterned paper background.






And for this one I used the camera stamp from the same set.  




I can also credit JulieE for the start of many hours of mother/daughter bonding.  It was in the making of these cards that Meg decided to sit down and try her hand at watercoloring.  We've had a lot of fun ever since.

Happy Easter and thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Catherine said...

I think they look fabulous!

Catherine said...

I think they look fabulous!