Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Twenty Fourteen



As 2013 fades into 2014 I have been mulling over how to make changes in my life that will result in a happier, less stressed me.   I've narrowed it down to a simple formula.

(Crafty Time + Exercise Time) = Happier Me.

Happier Me = Happier Family.

Seems simple enough, doesn't it?

The formula will require some work, however.  This work hinges on one little word. 

BALANCE.  My word for 2014.

Balance for me can only be achieved by setting a New Year's Resolution and sticking to it.

"Learn to say NO."  

Selfish?  Yes.
Necessary?  I think so.

I spent a huge chunk of 2013 both volunteering for and accepting projects/assignments/responsibilities that resulted in major time commitments. 

Major commitments take time away from my daily walks. 
Major commitments take away creative time. 
Too many major commitments make me cranky.
Very cranky.
Cranky is not a positive thing.
A Cranky Me is not Happy Me.

I do not have to say YES to every project.  I have the right to be choosy. 

Every crafty project is not my responsibility.  
Every school project is not my responsibility.  
Every photography project is not my responsibility.
The polarity of the world will not reverse if I occasionally say no.    

2014.  I will set aside time for walking and exercising because a FIT ME is a HAPPIER ME.

2014.  I will set aside time for JulieWorld because a CREATIVE ME is a HAPPIER ME.

2014 is all about BALANCE.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Well there you go....it sounds like a great formula to me!

Helmka Family said...

You can do it! I hope 2014 is a happier healthier YOU!
Karen

Melanie said...

Good formula!