Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas Morning Favorites

After Christmas morning was all said and done it became clear that my kids would have been happy with just one gift each.  For Jay it was this magnesium fire starter.  Once a pyro, always a pyro.
































Meg's favorite was a toy she had when she was younger that had long since gone the way of the donation pile.  (A fact that she's never forgiven me for.)  I surprised her with a replacement and she hasn't put it down since.






For those wondering, it's a Hoberman Sphere and it does "amazing" things.
















All that fretting on my part and I could have made them both happy with fire and spheres.  If only I'd known....

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Don't kids always want the "box and wrapping" rather than the gift you've fretted over?

Melanie said...

We have one of those Hoberman spheres, and I don't think the kids have played with it in a very long time. I've been disappointed when they don't like the gift that I really thought they would like, but I'm happy if they like what they get in the end.