Monday, January 6, 2014

It's a New Year!


We've enjoyed our Christmas break tremendously but alas, all good things must come to an end.   Meg and I both "go back" to school tomorrow.  She will be returning with a different schedule which has her a bit apprehensive but she will do well, I'm sure.  I will be subbing the entire week for a teacher who has a split class of K/1st graders.  She has a great group of kids but the first week back from vacation could be a bit challenging.  

On the home front, Christmas is finally all put away until next year and I've been busy trying to finish my December Daily album which I hope to complete today. Next up will be polishing off December for my 2013 Project Life album.  I plan to continue PL again this year but with a drastically streamlined creative process. Basically I intend to have full size photos (no mats) along with journaling and filler cards, period. The everyday stories will still be recorded but by eliminating the whole "pretty embellishing process" I will free up time to do the traditional layouts that I miss so much.  It also frees up time to pursue other memory keeping projects such as Kerri Bradford's History Project class which I am very excited to begin.  

For those who scrap, are you making any additions/changes in 2014?

 


2 comments:

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

Let's try this again!
I haven't decided what I want to do. No scrapping, PL (2 page spread per month), or just stick with layouts (or combo of PL and layouts). I guess I should make a decision and move forward with it!
Hope you and Meg are having a great week back to school!